Many have asked how we can help the millions of people affected by Hurricane Harvey. Our congregation will be partnering with ReachGlobal Crisis Response, an arm of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
We anticipate that this will be a multi-year effort, and as we organize and deploy our first service teams, there are many ways in which you can participate.
EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response is uniquely positioned to bring the hope of Christ following Hurricane Harvey.
The full extent of the storm’s impact on families and communities served by
local EFCA churches across the Texas coast is still unknown. Initial assessments show almost every EFCA church in the Houston region (15 total) has families flooded out of homes, and extensive damage in the communities in which they serve.
- For peace and provision for the many families experiencing flooding
who attend EFCA churches in the Houston area, as well as friends
- For local EFCA recovery and gospel outreach efforts to reach the
hurting and the lost.
- For effective service and outreach opportunities to the city’s many
immigrants and refugees, as Houston is the most racially and ethnically
diverse city of the 10 largest U.S. metropolitan areas.
- For the Church across the country to mobilize people and resources
for a sustained, long-term response.
Organize a team to serve affected families, invest in relationships, and impact Houston with the gospel. Teams of limited size will be accepted beginning Sunday, September 17. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Give: Given the extent of the damage in Houston, and the surrounding area,
the EFCA’s goal is to raise $1 million for response efforts.
- By Check: EFCA, 901 E 78th St., Minneapolis, MN 55420
Indicate Hurricane Harvey response – 39694.
- Online: Give at www.efca.org/hurricaneharvey